Tuesday, August 19, 2014

I'll be seeing y'all soon

Hey Family!

Aw man Emily, you get to move out this week.  So exciting!  You should've just waited till I got back so we could all move you in together.  You're gonna love college, I promise.

Goodness I don't even know what to say.  I can't believe my mission is done already.  For real it doesn't even feel like I'm going home this week.  I don't know, it's so strange because I feel like I'm just gonna be here forever.  Missionary life for the rest of eternity, sounds pretty great to me.  :)  Everybody's so sweet here I'm gonna miss them all so much.  But hey, I am excited to see all y'all.   

Oh hey!  The article was in the newspaper.  I had Sister Mills post it on Sarah's facebook page so hopefully y'all saw it.  Haha with the picture of us playing cards everybody at church said, "Hey!  What are y'all doing playing poker in the newspaper?"  It was pretty funny.  And then random people we'd go visit would mention it too.  

Guess who got married on Saturday?!  Andrea did!  Haha she was pretty nervous I think.  She wouldn't even invite us for the wedding but that's alright.  I think it was just her mom, the pastor, her daughter, and her husband.  She's excited to get baptized soon.  :)  we still have like six lessons to teach her so I think she'll be getting baptized sometime in September.  

Oh my goodness but guess what is happening.  Sister King is getting transferred too.  Oh man, the poor sisters that are coming here will have to learn their way around and how to use the bus all at the same time.  Goodness, I'll be sure to keep them in prayer.  Whoever they are though they're pretty lucky.  I mean they get to come to an awesome area with tons of potential.  And they have two investigators that are progressing towards baptism.  I tell ya, it doesn't get much better than that.  And they even get to ride the bus too.  I think when I get home I'm gonna get on a bus and just ride it around the city all day because I'm gonna miss it so much.  For real, sometimes the bus is the highlight of my day.

That's about the only news around here.  Oh and Latoya came to church yesterday too!  She's another one of our investigators I don't think I've told y'all much about her but she's real cool.  It was her first time at church and I think she enjoyed it.  I don't know, we had to teach the sunbeams during second hour yesterday and then teach the young women during third hour so we didn't go to any class with her so hopefully it was alright. 

I just want to say that I love y'all so much.  I'm so grateful for the opportunity I had to serve here in Louisiana.  I have a testimony that it's the little things that count and that God cares about each of us.  It's as simple as that, He loves you.  And that love is what changes everything.  I'm sorry, I wish I could type more but I'm so stinkin tired.  I think I might be getting sick cause I couldn't sleep at all last night and my head hurts and what not.

We're gonna go see Sister Mills today and then head over to the temple tonight and dinner with a couple members before hand.  Haha Missy scheduled it all and she says my fan club is taking me out to dinner.  Goodness, I'm gonna miss it here that's all I can say.  

Anyways, I love y'all.  And will be seeing you in just a couple days.  :)

Love Always, Sister Schmutz

No comments:

Post a Comment