Tuesday, December 24, 2013

winter wonderland...christmas party that is!

Hey Family!
 
Are you counting down the hours yet until we get to talk?  Haha I'm so excited to see y'all!! 
 
Alright so here's the plan, sorry it's different than what I told y'all last week.  I hope it's not messing up any plans y'all already had.  The Holbrook's invited us over so we're gonna be there around 4 (that's the time for here).  I hope y'all know someones skype information because they're letting me use their skype account.  So can one of y'all please log on and go add Laurie.holbrook1 before Christmas?  Thank you!  The Holbrook's also invited us for Christmas dinner since we'll already gonna be there so they said we're free to skype until then.  I hope that gives y'all enough time for us to talk!  I'll give y'all a call when we get to their house so you can know when to get on the computer.  I hope that works for y'all...I'm excited to hear and see you!!
 
 
I got all your packages!  Thank you so much for sending all of them.  I must say that the tree was the coolest idea ever!  Also the toothbrush y'all sent is the sweetest toothbrush I've ever seen.  Thank you so much for all you do!  Did y'all get the package I sent home?  If not hopefully it'll get there today...and I forgot to write don't open it until Christmas! If you did already that's okay though.  :)   
 
 
This past week was a really good week.  For the first time since I've been here we taught 20 lessons which was a real success!  All of them were less active/active members though so now we're gonna start working on finding more investigators and really focusing on the investigators that we do have.  The work is kinda slow here right now but that just means that there's more work for us to do. 
 
 
Maybe since there's no snow on the ground, or the fact that it was up in the 80s last week, but it just does not feel like Christmas here!  It's so weird!  Maybe that's why I don't miss home so much right now...  No one invited us over for Christmas eve so during the day we're gonna make cookies and then during the evening we're gonna go caroling and hand out cookies, dvds, and Book of Mormons.  It'll be pretty sweet!  Plus we get to watch Christmas movies!  President Wall said specifically we can watch A Christmas Carol and It's a Wonderful Life but he also said if we're at someone's home and they put on a movie we can use our judgment to watch it.  The Tapia's invited us over Christmas day so hopefully they'll put on Elf or something....that's a good wholesome movie, right?  ;)   
 
 
The highlight of the week was our ward Christmas party.  I took a couple pictures but they really don't do any justice...it was beautiful!  The only down part was we invited tons of people, and I mean tons of people and not one of them showed up.  But hey it was still a good evening.  We had dinner, read the Cajun Night Before Christmas, Santa was there, and then we had a live nativity.  It was a really good night.  :) 
 
 
President Wall has been focusing on helping our mission become a spirit led mission and I found a cool scripture that related to it I wanted to share with y'all.  Aaron was one of the sons of Mosiah and he was a missionary.  But just like every missionary he was going through a little rough patch in his service.  No one would listen to him, he was cast into prison, people rejected him and all sorts of things.  And then it says this, "And they went forth withersoever they were led by the Spirit of the Lord."(Alma 21:16) so they just decided to listen to the spirit and go with it.  Then, "the Lord began to bless them, insomuch that they brought many to the knowledge of the truth." (Alma 21:17) Success doesn't come until we fully trust in the Lord and know that he will guide us to where we need to be.  Pretty cool don't ya think? 
 
Anyways there isn't much more for me to say...since I'll be talking to y'all on Christmas!  I love y'all!
 
Love Always, Sister Schmutz 
 
p.s. if my memory is right it's Whitney's birthday today!  Sarah be sure to wish her warm wishes from me.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment