Monday, January 27, 2014

home sweet home

Hey Family!
 
The miracle from the week is that despite God always hears us complain in our prayers and try to tell him we know what's best, he still likes to make us happy even when we can be really annoying.  ;)  so yes, I'm back in North Baton Rouge!  Goodness, I just love it here so much.  I can't even begin to describe my feelings.  :)  it's definitely a lot different than before, but it's good.  We're living with the spanish sisters now too which is so weird after living with just my companion for the past year or so.  It's a lot of fun though and they're really sweet sisters.  My companion is Sister Wolf and she's been out on her mission just a transfer less than I have.  She's great!
 
Holy cow and did y'all hear?  It snowed here!!  Well, let's just say it was more ice than snow, but still it was pretty sweet.  The funny thing is it's not even cold in Baton Rouge compared to Covington...it was freezing there!  But friday it was raining all day and everything turned to ice.  Haha the elders were riding their bikes and the chain froze and wouldn't move so they had to go back inside and defrost.  When we went to get in the car there was maybe like an inch or so of ice all over the car.  We had to scrape it off with gift cards we had in our wallets, and we got to help lots of our neighbors too which was sweet.  Goodness all the highways were closed too and basically everything.  It's funny what happens down here when there's ice compared to back home.  President Wall just emailed us too and said tomorrow is supposed to be worse and no one is allowed to drive!  Pretty crazy weather down here I tell ya...how's the weather back home? 
 
It's been kinda an interesting week here though because no one really knew we were here and we got a new phone so no one has our number either.  Plus it was stake conference this yesterday and hardly anyone from the ward came to it.  But we did get to see a couple people.  The best was Sister Banks reaction...we stopped by and she was in the other room but her friend let us in and just told her that the missionaries were here.  She walked out and was so surprised and happy.  She came over and gave us a big hug!  Man I love Sister Banks!  I think this scripture pretty much sums it all up with her.  This is when Alma and the sons of Mosiah had been converted and then they went on their missions.  They ran into each other later in time and this is what happened, "Now these sons of Mosiah were with Alma at the time the angel first appeared unto him; therefore Alma did rejoice exceedingly to see his brethren; and what added more to his joy, they were still his brethren in the Lord; yea, and they had waxed strong in the knowledge of the truth; for they were men of a sound understanding and they had searched the scriptures diligently, that they might know the word of God." (Alma 17:2)  That's exactly how I feel right now.  There's no greater joy than to see that the people we'd been working with are still coming to church and progressing.  Aw man, God is good.  :)  We haven't seen the McCartney's yet either but Bishop Smith said they've been coming out regularly too which is amazing!  Oh, but Alexis was at the yw activity on wednesday!  She never came out back when we were here before so that's really sweet too.  :)  I'm so excited to see the miracles that can happen in this area. 
 
We stopped by and saw Chandra too and recommitted her to take the lessons and she's super excited!  The elders only saw them a couple times because she was really busy and kept cancelling appointments but we taught her the restoration again and she really has the desire to know if the Book of Mormon is the word of God.  She went to church down in New Orleans in November and she said they all loved it too.  So now they've just gotta come here and they'll love it!  That family, man I tell ya they're the greatest!  Keep Chandra, Geneva, and Johnathan in y'alls prayers please! 
 
Hmm let's see, that's about all the exciting stuff that's happened this week.  Oh hey I finally filled up one of my memory cards!  I know, it only took me forever, but it's good.  :)  I'll have to send y'all some pictures of people we love in Covington.  Man I miss them too, especially Joy and Bettie.  Those two ladies are wonderful people. 
 
Anyways, please let me know if I can do anything for y'all.  I think you're pretty amazing.  And I love you oh so very much.  :) 
 
Love Always, Sister Schmutz
 
p.s. Miranda's going to South Dakota Rapid City! 

No comments:

Post a Comment