Monday, February 10, 2014

happy birthday father!

Hey family!
 
Before I forget, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!  I hope it's a good one this time and y'all enjoy your weekend down in Vegas.  Thanks for being who you are!  I'm sending you the warmest wishes all the way from Louisiana.  :)
 
Oh and by the way, thank you so much for the one year package.  I loved the camel and the descriptions you put with them!  Definitely a clever idea.  The spanish sisters got us Jesus necklaces too and we got to celebrate a little.  Goodness I can't believe how fast time flies by..I don't even want to think about it!  It's been a good year to say the least, definitely a good year.  
 
I love being back in North Baton Rouge, seriously it's the best!  We're back to seeing Sister Banks ever week so we're working on a goal to get her to the temple.  Little steps to help her get there but she'll make it.  It's sweet to see the progress in her because she asked us to come by every week to help her learn more and what not.  So we've been visiting her forever so we're focusing on how we can really discern her needs and help her.  Man, she's just the greatest!  I think as we help her out more we'll be able to bring the rest of her family back to church a little more too.  Chad moved to Utah a couple months ago!  And Ron comes to church with Sister Banks.  So now we've just got to work on Tae and Dericka! 
 
We saw the McCartney's this week too!  Goodness, I love that family so much!  Haha the best was seeing Aiden.  He wasn't at church on sunday so when he saw me he ran up and was about to give me a hug but then remembered he can't and shook my hand.  He's a funny, funny kid.  Haha and he's got a mini fro now too.  Too great!  They moved to a nice house just a couple streets away from their old one.  And one of their dogs is gonna have some puppies in just a couple weeks.  They're all doing great and becoming stronger in the church!  I guess it's kinda like the same as with Sister Banks...they've been coming to church but we're gonna see them once a week to help them progress even more.  Man it would be awesome if we could get Amanda to the temple.  It'll just take some time though.  In the meantime it's just the little things! 
 
We were super busy last week and this week we're booked full of appointments, and I mean booked full.  Goodness it's crazy but I love it! 
 
Here's an update on Chandra, Geneva, and Johnathan.  I love them so so so much!!  Goodness I don't know, I just want to take away all the hard things they're going through and make everything alright right now for them.  They've been busy with lots lately so they kept cancelling our appointments.  On Tuesday they cancelled again because Chandra had a hard night so we made them some spaghetti and took it over for dinner.  It was pouring rain on the way there and we could hardly see anything, plus the road was a giant river, but we made it over!  Chandra was asleep but we just dropped it off to Geneva and Johnathan and then left.  They are incredible I tell ya.  Johnathan read a paper to Sister Wolf that he wrote and he talked about how everyone was bullying him at school because his family was poor and he told how he worked with the principal to stop the bullying.  We were supposed to help them move today but it was raining so they postponed to wednesday.  They're moving just to another house in Baton Rouge but here's the thing...Government street is the dividing line between our ward and 2nd ward.  And they are moving two houses south of the street!  Freak it just messes everything up because they were supposed to come to church yesterday but they didn't have transportation, they said they were gonna take the bus but then they didn't.  And now where they're moving it's not on the right bus route to get to the church and it doesn't run on sunday.  I don't know what to do!  Sheesh, keep them in your prayers please!
 
Anyways, y'all don't want to hear about all my complicated problems!  If only everyone could have a free car that wouldn't cost any money all of our problems would be solved.  Man, the Elders even have an investigator that rides his bike to church and he lives pretty far away.  More people need that type of dedication!  Haha or just a miracle to happen. 
 
But here, I'll tell ya about my companion.  Sister Wolf is from Austin, Texas but her family moved to Clearfield, Utah a couple years ago so I guess I'd technically say she's from Utah.  She's awesome!  She can make anyone feel good about themselves, she easily makes everyone laugh, and she's real fun to be around.  I love her!  Our district is pretty awesome too.  Elder Morrow is our district leader (he was my district leader forever ago too) and he goes home in just a couple weeks.  His companion is Elder Bushman and he's just waiting for his visa to go to Brazil.  His mission president just emailed him though and said his visa came so he'll probably be living this week.  He's a funny kid...I'll miss him!  And then the office elders are Elder Watkins and Elder Adkins!  Yes (the one related to KC and Candace) he still remembers you Andrew!  Pretty fun stuff.  :)  we have lots of fun together and work hard.
 
I gotta get going, but I love you family!  Have an awesome week.
 
Love Always, Sister Schmutz 

No comments:

Post a Comment