Monday, March 31, 2014

biking, biking, and more biking

Hey Family!
 
I hope y'all have fun on your cruise this week.  Enjoy it for me too!  Don't get too many tan lines.  :)  I already have a pretty good one on my feet and it's not even summer yet, priceless I tell ya. 
 
This week has been quite the interesting one.  Haha nah it's been a really good one!  Well, here's the story.  Monday evening we're driving back to our dinner appointment from across town because we were down at LSU with our district.  Of course it's during rush hour and we're driving on the freeway.  Sister Wolf was driving and the car infront of stopped so she went to switch lanes but didn't see the semi coming up in the other lane.  The first half of the semi drove by and barely missed us because we were barely in their lane but then the second half, well just the tires of the semi clipped the front right side of our car.  There's not very many people that can get in an accident with a semi on the freeway and walk away alright!  It was a sweet experience to say the least.  We aren't lucky, we are blessed.  God was definitely there protecting us, if she would have driven just a tiny bit faster we could've been hurt really bad.  But hey we're all good so don't worry.  :)
 
So our car is in being fixed and we've been biking all week.  Ya know, I just have to say that biking isn't that bad.  Haha I love it!  I wish I could go into more detail about all our biking experiences this past week but that would take way too long.  The only downside is planning is terribly hard, goodness I don't know how to plan when biking.  I used to think that we'd spend all our time driving everywhere but now we just spend all our time biking everywhere.  We took the bus a couple times though and lots of members gave us rides so it was all good.  Plus the bus routes changed all up yesterday and the bus is free all week so we're gonna be taking the bus a lot more this week. 
 
Overall it was a very good week!  We got to go to the temple with Miranda on wednesday.  Holy cow she's gonna make an awesome missionary that's all I gotta say.  I'm so excited for her.  I believe she's flying out to Utah on the 12th so y'all should text her or something today to figure out when you can meet up. 
 
The highlight of the week was yesterday!  Guess who came to church!  Chandra and her family came.  :)  goodness it's about stinkin time.  Whenever they've tried to come before something always comes up.  Saturday night we got a ride for them to come out to the woman's broadcast so they came there and really enjoyed it.  And said they were gonna be coming to church the next day.  They ended up waking up late and missed the bus so they took a taxi and stayed for the last two hours.  They all really like it!  Plus the McCartney's offered them a ride home and even a ride to church in the future.  Such a sweet little tender mercy.  They invited us over for dinner last night too and man I just have to say that I love them so much.  It's awesome to see how the gospel changes their life. 
 
Oh and here's another sweet miracle!  About a month or so ago we were walking down the street in Mall City (same place and day that guy kissed us).  Well when we were walking over there this guy came up to and asked us if we're church people so we said yes and talked a little about the church and got his info and what not.  Turns out he lived in third ward so we gave his info to the sisters there and that was it.  On tuesday they called us up to update us about Alin.  And guess what?  He got baptized on Saturday!  We got to go to his baptism and it was so sweet.  It was a little blessing to see that often times we don't see the results of our efforts, but you'll never know the effects you'll make on someone. 
 
Sarah!  I must say that the picture of you and Nik is one of my favorites.  Haha it's the best.  :) 
 
And Emily congrats on getting the scholarships.  Haha I don't know what adivce to give you for school.  My only advice would be to make a stinkin decision soon!  Goodness, you and your decision making.  Just kidding, you know I love you.  :)   
 
Oh before I forget!  Here's a scripture for y'all.  So in Ether the Jaredites were preparing to cross the waters to the promised land.  They made their way to the shore and, "they dwelt in tents, and dwelt in tents upon the seashore for the space of four years." (Ether 2:13)  They just waited there for four years!  And this is what it says next, "And it came to pass at the end of four years that the Lord came again unto the brother of Jared, and stood in a cloud and talked with him.  And for the space of three hours did the Lord talk with the brother of Jared, and chastened him because he remembered not to call upon the name of the Lord." (Ether 2:14)  They forgot to pray and ask the Lord what to do!  Here's the key though, I don't think they forgot to pray.  I mean, it's pretty hard to just forget God.  I think they weren't being sincere in their prayers.  That's the trick of why they were waiting there for four years.  They either weren't paying attention to answers, weren't acting on answers they were receiving, or just random little things that kept them from praying with real intent.  So the question is, how can y'all say more meaningful prayers?
 
I love y'all so much!  Hey and never forget that you're awesome.  :)
 
Love Always, Sister Schmutz 
 
p.s. if you're offering to send something, some starburst jelly beans would be greatly appreciated.  :)  haha and a water bottle.  I broke the one that y'all gave me for Christmas forever ago, goodness and I don't know what to do without my water bottle.  I'll look for one today at the store though so don't worry about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment