Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pioneer Day

Hey Family!
 
Sounds like y'all had a good time at Lake Powell.  Haha I'm glad y'all missed me too because I wanted to be there so bad.  Maybe we can take a quick trip before school starts.  ;)  that'd be pretty sweet.  
 
Aw man, Penny called you the other day!  Haha maybe they'll hire me back for three weeks before I gotta go up to school.  I miss that place and everyone there.  Do you know if Ryan is still manager at Prestige or did he leave?  And Sikander?  Where's Emily's new job at?
 
The heat and the humidity have definitely settled in this week so it looks like it's gonna be boiling hot from here on out.  Man, it's just my favorite thing to be dripping in sweat all day long.  Just kidding.  Nah, it's bad but the good thing is the bus is always blasting the air conditioning.  So if you're dying of heat you just gotta jump on the closest bus.  Hey..I guess that's one good reason for coming home...no humidity!  Nah, I'm happy to see y'all too.  I just love this place and the people so much.  It's gonna be sad to leave. 
 
We had our annual ward Pioneer Day BBQ on saturday.  I just have to say, the best part of it is there's these little fish ponds and you can catch the fish and then release em.  But I guess since it was a cold winter or something all the fish were too small this year to catch.  Such a bummer I tell ya.  I was really looking forward to it.  Our investigator, Andrea came though and she seemed to really enjoy it!  And she came to church yesterday too.  We're gonna teach her the law of chastity this week so please keep her in all y'alls prayers.  :)  she's awesome though so I ain't worried too much about her.  
 
I can't really remember much else of what we did this past week.  Oh yeah!  The alligator farm last monday.  It was weird but really cool.  I'd send y'all pictures but there's this sign right in front of my computer that says you're only allowed to plug in headphones and flash drives to the computer.  So...I'll try to be obedient.  Haha I'll try to send some next week though.  Alligators are giant though and really lazy.  The tour guide guy went close to them and fed them and what not.  They're just weird creature, that's all I gotta say.  
 
Anyways, I finished reading the Book of Mormon this morning and I wanted to share just a couple scripture I liked with y'all.  First being Moroni 9:25 "My son, be faithful in Christ; and may not the things which I have written grieve thee, to weigh thee down unto death; but may Christ lift thee up, and may his suffering and death, and the showing his body unto our fathers, and his mercy and long-suffering, and the hope of his glory and of eternal life, rest in your mind forever."  Mormon was telling his son, Moroni this because the people were so wicked and there were all these terrible things happening.  But I think it can relate to anybody really.  For example, "My daughter, be faithful in Christ; and may not the things which you are going through grieve thee, to weigh thee down in sorrow; but may Christ lift thee up, and may his suffering and death, and the showing his body unto our father, and his mercy and long-suffering, and the hope of his glory and of eternal life, rest in your mind forever."  I know it's true.  If we are faithful in Christ then everything will be different.  I have to say, while on my mission I've been able to see that.  It's hard to describe but I know that if you're striving to to always remember Christ you will truly be happy and everything will go better.  It's as simple as that.  If you want to be happy, do everything you can to gain a personal relationship with God and Jesus Christ.  
 
Second scripture being Moroni 10:32 "Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God."  Pretty sure it's the youth theme for this year.  I don't know it's just a cool scripture.   
 
The computers being all dumb and keeps kicking me off.  Hope y'all have a good week.  :)  love y'all!
 
Love Always, Sister Schmutz

No comments:

Post a Comment