Monday, August 4, 2014

August

Hey family!
 
Thanks for sending the pictures from lake powell.  Looks like y'all had fun down there.  :)  and up running the snake river!  Tell all our cousins I say hey and I love them.  Hope y'alls week has been pretty good. 
 
 
Ooh some exciting news!  Last pday we were just at the office playing some board games with the Elders and President Hansen came walking in with a reporter from the newspaper down here.  He asked us all a couple questions and took pictures of us playing games too.  So maybe we'll be in the newspaper sometime soon!  Sister Mills said the religious section is every Saturday so we looked just the other day but nothing was in it yet.  So maybe it'll be there this coming weekend.  I'll keep y'all posted on that. 
 
 
It was kinda a slow week but a good one too I guess you could say. 
 
We taught Andrea H. the law of chastity and surprisingly it went really well.  Haha when we got there we pulled out the pamphlet and she just laughed and said, "Oh I know plenty about this."  The lesson went great though and we went over everything and at the end we told her that in order to get baptized she either had to marry her 'husband' or they'd have to move out.  We understand everything with loans and stuff for school so we just asked her to pray to know what to do.  Haha she said something like, "I know what the answer is gonna be.  The question is will I really do it."  Basically she's just afraid of marriage.  Which ya know, I don't blame her.  Freak I don't want to get married anytime soon.  But ya know, I think she's gonna get married.  :)  her 'husband' really wants to already plus she said her mom would like it too.  We'll see what happens though.  The best part of the whole lesson was the very end.  (we were two hours later than usually visiting her because our car wouldn't start and we missed the bus...long story.)  But anyways at the end her husband walked in the door and this was the first time we'd ever met him.  Right before he opened the door she turned to us and said, "Alright, no more talking about this."  He was really nice and brought in some laundry detergent that she needed, said hey, and then went into another room.  Then Andrea turns to us and says, "I didn't even have to remind him to bring some home!  Maybe I should marry him."  Aw man, I love her so much.
 
 
I shared my testimony yesterday during fast sunday.  Ahh it was my last fast sunday as a missionary.  It's so weird to think I'll be home in just a couple weeks.  I don't even know what to do with my life... I'm gonna miss it here so much. 
 
Anyways, here's another random funny story for y'all.  So we're at Sister Mills place and she randomly asks,
"Some people say right before you die there's this bright light.  Is that true?"  or she said something like that.
Sister King says, "I don't know.  I've never died before."
And Sister Mills goes, "Sister King!  I was being serious here.  Quit making jokes!"
Maybe y'all had to be there but it was funny cause Sister King was totally serious.  Aw man, Sister Mills I love her. 
 
 
Anyways, I can't really think of much else that went on this week.  I want to share a scripture with y'all real quick though.  This was when the Lord was talking to Enoch and telling him what to teach the people, "Choose ye this day, to serve the Lord God who made you.  Behold my Spirit is upon you.....and thou shalt abide in me, and I in you; therefore walk with me."  (Moses 6:33-34)  I love it because it's all up to our choices.  If we make the choice to serve God, then we have the promise that he'll walk with us always.  Of all the things I know about God, I know that He always keeps his promises, every single time.  I know that he's always there and walking with us if we simply choose to follow Him. 
 
I'll try to send y'all some pictures from the alligator farm. 
 
Love y'all so much!
 
Love Always, Sister Schmutz

No comments:

Post a Comment