Monday, September 9, 2013

ax and ye shall receive

Hey Family!
 
I hope y'all aren't getting too sick back home.  It's crazy that y'all say it's getting so hot and humid there because it's not really all the hot here.  It rains pretty much every afternoon though which is awesome!  I love the rain so much!  Haha and I can believe it that Lucy is getting real big.   
 
This week went by real fast but it was such a good week!  We had interviews with President and I'm pretty sure I know where I'll be serving for the next couple transfers but I'll let y'all know when I know for sure because I don't want to jinx anything, but let's just say I'm super excited!  Seriously time keeps going by so fast it's crazy! 
 
Alright so here's a sweet miracle from this week for y'all.  Well first let me explain the subject for the email, ax and ye shall receive.  Everyone in Louisiana says ax instead of ask.  And exactly that happened this week.  So last sunday we were fasting for Kiwanna because she had a baptismal date set but she hadn't come to church yet.  When we first met with her she said she'd just ask for work off because they were already overstaffed anyways and she thought it would be easy to get off.  But as soon as she asked her manager told her no.  We didn't know what to do because you can't just tell someone you've barely met that they should quit their job so we were working on building her faith first so she'd have enough faith to  quit her job.  Well we went by on Friday to see her and asked how she's been doing and how works been going.  And guess what she said...she quit her job!  She said she quit because she was sick of her manager, but really it was an answer to our prayers!  I'm so excited for Kiwanna and the things that are instore for her future! 
 
Something cool I learned in my studies this past week was related to unity.  In ZTM on friday we were talking about unity and something important I learned was that as a companionship you can be united, but you can also become unity in disobedience.  It relates to the people building the Tower of Babel in Genesis 11.  The people were building the tower to find a shortcut to heaven.  And like it says in verse 6, "And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do."  The people were all united in one purpose and one cause, and there were evident blessings from it.  But then in the next verse the Lord goes and confounds their language.  He confounded their language because they were united in disobedience.  They were trying to find shortcuts when they should've been living the right way and not finding shortcuts.  It's the same way with building unity in companionships, we can't find the shortcuts to be obedient, we must do the right thing together. 
 
I hope y'all have been reading your scriptures lately.  I promise that the blessings that will come from reading daily will be far greater than will come from anything else you could spend your time doing throughout the day. 
 
Hey and before I forget, Sarah, or Mom, or anyone.  Could you please find my ipod and send it to me this week, also send the charger!  President Wall challenged us to read the Book of Mormon before October 14 because the Book of Mormon play is coming to New Orleans then.  He said we could listen to it too and the office elders said they could put it on our ipods so we can listen to it in the car.  Thank you so much!! 
 
Hmm there's not much else to tell y'all but know that I love you!!  Send me any questions you want next week!  Hey and transfers is next week so I'll write y'all on tuesday.   
 
Love Always, Sister Schmutz

    

No comments:

Post a Comment