Monday, September 30, 2013

love y'all

Hey Family!
 
Haha first off, Sarah you've gotta take me on a tour of the i-center when I get back.  It's crazy hearing about all the secret tunnels and things that can happen there.  It's definitely a cool building.  It's funny hearing about all the tunnels because that's all the elders would talk about with Sister Andrade and temple square, wanting to know about the tunnels.  Keep up the good work with school and with your calling.  You're amazing! 
 
Mom I'm sorry to hear work has been so busy lately.  I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers!  I don't need anymore clothes so please don't buy or send any.  Thank you for thinking of me though!  Haha I remember you telling me the story of your transfers before Dad, quite the story I tell ya!   
 
In Covington luckily we do have a car haha and yes I am the driver again.  I'm just waiting for the day when I won't have to drive anymore but so far none of my companions have been able to drive so it's always me.  At least it makes getting to know the area a little bit easier.  I practically already know my way around here which is pretty nice.  I guess the only reason I say our area is so big is because we cover four cities close by including Covington, Abita Springs, Mandeville, and Madisonville.  But then there's also these two tiny towns Folsom and Bush way out in the boonies that are in our area.  We haven't been out there yet but they're way out there.  Because we're on the north side of the river it's not humid or hot.  Haha it's actually been down in the low 80's lately and as soon as I walk outside I think I need to grab a jacket.  Here's what goes on in my head,  "Man it's starting to get a little chilly outside, I should grab a jacket or something."  Then I think, "Hold on, it's only in the 80s.  You're gonna freeze in the winter Jenna (they say it gets colder on the north side) get used to it!"  One thing I still can't get over about here though is how dark it gets!  It's getting dark earlier and earlier but seriously once it's dark you can't even see across the street.  Maybe it's because all the trees but who knows, it's crazy.  Also Dad, believe we're two hours east of BR. 
 
There are tons of families and active members in our ward here.  Basically it feels like a ward from Utah because no one here is actually born and raised in Louisiana.  Covington is basically the rich suburb of New Orleans so everyone moved here to work down there and they just cross the causeway to get to work.  It's a lot different than Baton Rouge because there's tons and tons of young families haha and in BR it was all old people.  We do get to ride our bike more often though which I actually enjoy!  Well let's just say this, I enjoy it when we don't have to ride on busy streets.  We've been short on miles so we've had to ride almost everyday.  Oh my but guess what?  They don't make the new missionaries coming into the field bring bikes!  I guess they're just gonna recycle and use our old bikes to provide them with ones.  I'm gonna send my bike home though at the end.    
 
I'm super excited for conference this coming weekend.  We got to watch the relief society broadcast on saturday night and it was so good!  Haha President Monson is my favorite.  :)  do y'all have any special plans for conference?  You gonna build a fort Sarah? 
 
As tradition calls, here's something from the Book of Mormon this week, talking about the tree of life and Lehi's vision, it said, "love of God..it is the most desirable above all things." (1 Nephi 11:22)  Throughout everyones life I believe the one thing everyone constantly desires is love.  The power that love has is incredible and I know I've already written to y'all about love before, but it's because love is the answer to everything!  "I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things." (1 Nephi 11:17)  We might not understand everything that Heavenly Father wants us to go through or anything, but love has the power to get us through anything.  When I think of the word love I always think of Sister Eackles.  In BR she was basically the wards mom because she cared for absolutely everyone and always had others on her mind.  Upon meeting her you'd think she's always been this way haha but talking with her she said when she was little she used to be a little devil and hated everyone.  She's been through so much in her life and yet here she is loving everyone.  I asked her what advice she would give to us and she said always stay close to God.  When you stay close to God I know that the love he has will be able to shine through you and you'll be able to express to others the love that He has.  So this week I invite y'all to remind someone you love just how important they are to you.  The little hint of love can and will completely change someones day. 
 
As always, keep reading your scriptures and becoming who God intends you to be!  Let me know if I can do anything for y'all! 
 
I love y'all so much!! 
 
Love Always, Sister Schmutz 

No comments:

Post a Comment