Monday, June 2, 2014

happy june :)

Hey y'all!
Congrats on graduating this week Emily.  :) 
Hope y'all are doing well and summers treating you good.  Holy cow it's been raining so much down here, the streets were like rivers.  Lots and lots of water everywhere.  How was running the river, Dad and Andrew?  Man, I wanna go swimming so bad.  The other day we sat by the swimming pool and put our feet in for a little bit....as close as we could get to swimming.  Reminded me of all  our summer swimming parties down at Grandma's.  Tell her I say hey and that I love her.  :)   
This week was a really good week!  For many reasons...here's a couple little ones:
...Sister Bailey (one of the spanish sisters) was sick this week and the doctor said she couldn't go out for a couple days, so we got to drive around thier car a whole ton and visit lots and lots of people.  Man I tell ya, you can get places so fast when you have a car. 
....On tuesday we visited the Dixon's or Wleh's whatever you want to call them.  Sweet family I love them all so much.  So at the end Catherine asks if she can say the prayer.  So of course we say yes.  During the prayer this is what she said, "please let the people in prison be let out."  haha oh boy it was so funny.  And then Janice turns to her and says, "they're in jail for a reason!  they shouldn't be let out!"  oh and the things kids say! 
...I took Sister Astle out with me since she was sick of being stuck home all day with her sick companion.  She is so sweet!!  Man, everyone we visited absolutely loved her!
...We finally started teaching Geneva and Johnathan!!  They're so smart and so ready to get baptized!  They have a date set for July 12 or 13.  Oh and even better Chandra got up and shared her testimony yesterday.  Holy cow it was amazing!  Sweetest person ever.  :) Such a good testimony of how she found the church and how it's the best thing she's ever done.  That family is gonna do some great things in our ward! 
...We helped Sister Depew move to a new apartment.  She was so grateful!  haha it was hilarious too because Elder Navitikula is freaked out from cats and wouldn't even come in the same room as the cat.  The elders drive me insane sometimes but for the most part they're real funny and I really like them. 
Overall it was just a really good start to a new transfer.  I love it here so much.  I love the people here so much too.  Our ward can be very frustrating sometimes just because some people are so lazy and won't do anything.  Goodness, it's so irritating.  I would go on complaining about it but y'all don't want to here that so here's a quote for y'all.  :)
"Friends, especially my young friends, take heart. Pure Christlike love flowing from true righteousness can change the world." -Jeffrey R. Holland
I believe it with all my heart.  I've learned lately that we can't change anyone.  No matter how much we do to try to change them it won't happen.  But the best we can do is be that example to them and love them as Christ would love them.  When they see that example and feel of that love they'll have the desire to change.  That's what it's all about.  Love changes things!  So the question is, what are you gonna do to change the world?   
Anyways, I just want to let y'all know that I love y'all so much.  Thank you for all the love you've shown to me. 
Love Always, Sister Schmutz
p.s. y'all will be pleased to hear that I started writing in my journal again.  I know, it's only taken me more than half my mission to do it.  But hey, better late then never is what I always say.  

No comments:

Post a Comment