Tuesday, May 27, 2014

transfer number 12

Hey Family!
 
Hey Mom, before I forget, Elder Steele mentioned the other day how there's a returned missionary scholarship at BYU.  Don't know if that's true with BYU-I and what not but you should look online or call them and figure it out. That'd be real sweet.  Thanks so much!!
 
Hmm memorial day..why yes we did do something out of the ordinary.  Haha nah it wasn't that out of the ordinary but it was interesting.  Remember a couple weeks ago when I told you about Elder Taylor (not a missionary) the pentecostal guy and his wife that tried to convince us that we needed to speak in tongues.  Well yesterday we went back to see them and when we get there he says, "follow me, we're going down to my church."  And man I was just thinking, oh boy what is gonna be happening down there?  So we walk down the street.  The church was like in the pastors house but not so it was kinda weird.  Anyways they just invite us in so it's Elder Taylor, his pastor Mother Wade, and her great grandson, Minister Jackson.  We started to teach them the restoration but then Mother Wade just started talking and went off forever so we didn't get to teach.  Super nice people but they were just trying to convince us the whole time (3 hrs) that God and Jesus are the same person.  Neither of us were gonna convince each other but it was quite interesting.  We gave them a Book of Mormon so hopefully they'll read it.  And that's about it. 

It's about time I sent home a picture or two, right?  :) 

Oh hey! I'm not being transferred.  And Sister Wolf isn't either.  :)  I'm happy to be staying here!   Here's my address in case y'all forgot it:

Dude Emily!  That's so cool some random coach called you up and wants you to play soccer for their school.  Full scholarship and books too, man that's pretty good.  Is the school pretty good?  What are you gonna end up doing?  Don't worry, I'll keep you in my prayers, I know you and your decision making.  :)  good luck deciding!   
 
The week down here has been going pretty well.  How about for y'all?  We went on exchanges earlier last week.  And I kid you not, three people asked if Sister Stennett and I were twins, pretty funny!  We had a fish taco party last week with our district.  Got to go to the temple.  :)  helped Chandra put up shelves.  Saw a couple investigators we haven't seen in a while.  And just a bunch of good things.  :)  oh and even better news.  Our whole district is staying the same for the coming transfer.  I'm so excited, I love our district! 
 
Hmm let's see, I guess I could tell y'all about some of our investigators.  We have a sweet one named Rhonda that I love so much!  Some random person invited her daughter to Gladys Knight so Rhonda ended up coming too.  The Elders delivered the Book of Mormon package to her but they told us to go back and see her.  We've taught her twice so far and both times just went over the restoration.  The first time we only got about half way and she was super confused.  But then the second lesson we reviewed and taught the rest of the restoration.  I don't know, it was just a really good lesson.  We taught together in unity and helped her really understand, it was super sweet!  Plus she had real questions and concerns.  She had an aneurysm a couple months ago so she can't remember a whole lot but she's super sweet.  I'm excited to see her progress! 
 
This is just some random pond we found at an apartment earlier this week.  Random but cool!

Another sweet investigator is Dottie.  We haven't been able to see her lately because she's been real busy with work.  She's so awesome though!  She's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet and is always in a good mood no matter what is going on.  Please keep them both in y'alls prayers. 
 
I was supposed to instruct last week in district meeting on Charity but we ran out of time.  So I figured I'd tell y'all what I learned instead.  We all know why we need to be more charitable.  So here's some random things I came up with on how we can become more charitable: 
 
Choose not to judge.........................3 Nephi 14:2-5
Have to give it to receive it...............Golden Rule: treat others as you want to be treated
All you need is love........................John 13:35
Remember Jesus.............................Matt 4:23   WWJD?
Increase service................................Mosiah 4:15  
Think to pray.....................................Moroni 7:48
You see their potential......................Who are they to God? 
 
Pretty cool huh? I love charity because it's simply loving others the way that Christ loves them.  I remember one time we were visiting this lady named Valarie Barton (her son's on a mission but she's not a member).  She didn't really know a whole lot about God or even Christ.  But when I was sitting there I could just feel that even though she didn't know God, He loved her so much.  And then you could just tell how much she really loved her son.  And I loved her for all that.  I don't know, it's hard to explain, but it was really cool. 
 
I just want to let you know that I love y'all so much.  And never forget that God loves you too.  :)
 
Love Always, Sister Schmutz

No comments:

Post a Comment