Monday, April 28, 2014

happy may :)

Hey Family!
 
Hope y'all are doing well.  :) that's so crazy to hear it was snowing yesterday back home.  It's been pretty cool here lately too which is really nice considering we have to constantly be outside.  Man, I tell ya by the end of summer I'm gonna have some pretty funny tan lines.  Don't worry though, I'm gonna be buying some sunscreen today so I don't get too sunburned. 
 
Haha Emily, all I gotta say is don't worry about failing the calculus test because guess who else failed it..haha yep, yours truly.  I'm pretty sure I should've got a zero on the test, but hey I got a one!  (shh you can ignore the fact that one is the lowest number;)
 
Sarah, such a sweet video you sent!  Sister Mills showed it to me the other day.  :)  dude and of course I'll come to the gym with you.  I've gotta work off some of this chubbiness.  Goodness, I don't know what it is with the food down here but everyone soaks their food in butter no joke so practically everything makes you gain tons of weight.  Man, I always say I need to eat healthy or exercise more.  And then the other part of me just says nah, you can do that when you get home.  It's bad I tell ya.  Congrats to you too Mom and Dad on your healthiness!   
 
This week was pretty lame to say the least.  We had tons and tons of appointments with all these potential investigators and every stinkin one cancelled.  It was frustrating but that's alright.  This week is gonna be a really good one!  Oh my, here's a funny story for y'all though.  I got a boyfriend this week!  Hold up, here's the story behind it:
 
So we're going to see this potential investigator and we ride up to her house.  Lots of people are over and they're all sitting outside drinking and what not.  My first thought was, "hmm, I think we should reschedule...looks like a bad time" 
 
Then her neighbor pulls up and is cursing all up in here while getting out of his car. 
 
One of the ladies yells over to him, "Can't you see these are church ladies over here!  Watch your mouth!" 
 
So of course he walks over.  In the meantime Sister Wolf is talking to our potential investigator.
 
And to me he says, "What's your name?"
 
"Sister Schmutz, we're missionaries for our church."
 
"What do missionaries do?"
 
"We go about teaching others about our beliefs..."
 
"What church you go to?"
 
"The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints. You ever heard of it?"
 
"No."
 
"You want to learn more?"
 
"No I don't." 
 
And then he walks inside the house.  By this point I was just thinking alright, this is really weird.  Then he walked back out and said a couple other things which I won't write and will spare you the details. 
 
And then he says,  "You want to go on a dinner date with me?"
 
"Sorry, we can't date while we're missionaries."
 
"Well when you be done?"
 
"Oh in about six months"
 
"Honey, I got nothing to do, I'll be right here in six months."
 
"I'll be a couple thousand miles away though."
 
Haha and that's about it.  Quite the experience.  :) It was pretty funny and so ridiculous at the same time. 
 
Anyways, on a side note everything is going great!  We were waiting at a bus stop earlier this week and this guy walked by and then came back holding two waters he just bought for the two of us.  Super sweet, I love moments like that.  I love Baton Rouge so much.  The people are crazy but so awesome too.  :) our ward barely functions sometimes but it's like a giant family that I love so much. 
 
Oh yeah, and here's a sweet scripture I wanted to share with y'all.  At this point in the scriptures Nephi's brothers are complaining about all these things because they don't understand.  So he asked them if they prayed and asked God yet and they said they hadn't.  So this was Nephi's answer, "Do ye not remember the things which the Lord hath said? - If ye will not harden your hearts, and ask me in faith, believing that ye shall receive, with diligence in keeping my commandments, surely these things shall be made known unto you." (1 Nephi 15:11)  I like it because it applies to all of us with our questions.  The key that stand out to me is where it says "with diligence in keeping my commandments"  we have to pray and then go do something.  We can't just wait around for our answers to come because that's not how it works.  I know it to be true because God doesn't start helping us until we start helping ourselves. 
 
I hope y'all have a wonderful week.  Y'all are awesome and I love you so much!!
 
Love Always, Sister Schmutz

No comments:

Post a Comment